Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 23nd, 2010

wo wo wo wo,
 
Tell Lincoln good luck for me he will love it!!
 
How are the Jazz hmmmm?? did dad go to the game?? He best be writing me soon telling me all about it!!
 
Well the weather is cold over here!! I stay bundled up still and the rain just wouldn't stop this week it was crazy but i enjoy it now a days, I've learned that you can use it to your advantage and its a good way to get into peoples houses and then you just slightly teach them the gospel!! It doesn't work as much with the English people, some will let you in. But mostly my beautiful african queens will let us in haha I love them :) Its been a fun week, I have had the opportunity to go on a little adventure this week! We had interviews with president on wednesday and Me and my companion were going last so we could talk to President about the issues the missionaries bring up and there stuggles so we can make plans to help them. So we go in and well one of the companionships that are actually the Elders that are in Loughborough were really struggling with getting along with one another and we new there was some problems but we didn't know it was this big so President was worried because in the companionship is one of the missionaries from Mainland China and he was struggling with testimony so me and Elder Perry went home prayed that night for guidance on how we could help them and then studied about it the next morning and we both decided we needed to go on an unusual exchange so instead of going for just 24 hours we went on a 4 day exchange and have spent the last 4 days teaching and trying to build testimony and we have fasted and prayed and things made a complete turn around!! Elder Guo the chinese missionary has a new light and bore a solid testimony to us today when we were exchanging back and I had the chance to go with Elder Gerber and teach him about his role as a leader and make some good plans with him and learned from him! it has been a great experience and the Lord truly has poured his spirit out upon me and Elder Perry as we have tried to set examples for them and teach them!! I am so greatful for my opportunity to be a leader and serve other missionaries and when they trust you its amazing to have them turn to you for help!! It has been amazing to me and I have enjoyed trying to help them!!
 
My mission has taught me so much everyday when I have a learning experience some times it takes me more then a day to realize it and things get hard until the Lord has to slap me in the face and say stop that, haha but I know that he has carried me through my mission and he has made me into who i am now!! And I am greatful that i get to be an instrument in his hands to help others to learn about and accept his gospel, not only non members but missionaries as well!! Its is fun to tell them about the times when i have got slapped in the face by the Lord and teach them so that they don't have to go through some of the challenges i did!!
 
My family I love each and every one of you!! I am greatful for you all!!
The Lord has been my strenght and i know that he can and will help me throughout the rest of my life if i rely on him!!
 
Sincerely,
 
Elder Davidson

No comments: