Wednesday, September 10, 2008

9/9/2008 letter

A note from Jamie (Alex's sis): As you will gather from this letter, last week Alex was not doing to well. We as a family did our best to rally around him and he sounds like he is doing much better. We are very thankful for the strength that Heavenly Father gave to our family and ecspecially to Alex. I was thankful for Alex's letter this week because it did remind me that in life we have 2 choices that we can make!!!

Hey mother! so ya well let me just say im sorry about last weeks email! i was really down and really hating it out here! and i seriously didnt know why i was here! every second of everyday i would think to myself i came out here for the wrong reasons i didnt come out here for myself i came out here cuz i was expected to and cuz all my friends were doing it and if i didnt i would let everyone i know down! and then i started to be lazy and not knock on any doors and just let my companion do it cuz there was no point for me to cuz i just wanted to be home and i was no good noone was going to listen anyways! so then it got worse way worse i cried myself to sleep like two nights in a row and i just wanted to be home with my family! and then p day came around and i read your emails and it just made things worse i wanted to be home with you and talkin to you face to face so i broke down and told my companion i wanted to be home there was seriously no point for me to be here! so that night i even called the mission president and told him i was ready to go home and he was like no your not ha and i was like your forcing me to stay out here and he said im not forcing you to do anything you have two choices wut do you think they are? and i said stay here or go home and he said no going home isnt a option wut are your two options and i didnt know! i was so upset and mad that i just was like those are my two options and im choosing to go home and he said no you cant you dont have that choice you can either stay out here and enjoy it or stay out here and be miserable! and i was like k well thats stupid blah blah blah anyways so i hung up the phone with president and was super pissed that i almost made flight plans to come home but luckily my comp calmed me down and helped me realize that that wasnt the right way to do things! so i went in my room and i had this thought to read my scriptures and i read 2 nephi 10 24 i think it was and it said somethin along the lines of be of good cheer you have the right to choose everlasting life or everlastin misery or something like that and it reminded me of those two choices that my mission president gave me so i went to bed and woke up in the morning with that scripture in my head burning away and then i decide to change my attitude and to see wut workin hard would do so i started to knock on more doors then my companion and started to talk to everyone on the street and to my suprise i started to be happier! i started to more enjoy my mission and ya the last week there has been some hard days but there has been alot more good days! so ya im not gonna let satan win im gonna try my hardest to keep on truckin and to work hard! so craziest thing we have been teachin alot more lately ha suprisingly and i know its cuz i have been workin harder and not bein a bad companion but anyways we went on exchanges with the zone leaders and he said i was one of the best teachers he has ever seen just starting he said you know how to talk to people and to help them for there understanding and it made me feel so much better!i absoulutely love teaching and i have been thinkin more and more about wut i wanna be when i get home and i know now that i am supposed to be a teacher and that is exactly what i wanna be!! and i know by me being out on my mission that i can become a better teacher and be more prepared for when i get home!

mom im so sorry about that email its not wut a mom likes to hear i would guess! so im sorry dont worry your son is doing better its gets better everyday! i love you so much and im so greatful for all the letters i got for support they help so much! oh and congrats on the call mom! i know that me and you are alot alike and its hard for us to talk to people but itll come easier as the days go by i can promise you that! your gonna be amazing! so just a few things i need cuz we all know how forgetful of a person i am.... haha i need first of all a yo yo something to do when im bored ha and any church cds anyone has efy anything im going crazy we only have one cd and i have listened to it like a million times ha! oh and my rubberband thats down in my room so i can do some lifting! and sunflower seeds send lot and lots of sunflower seeds any kind willl do! they dont sell them out here :( and maybe a rubix cube with the instructions on how to solve it haha! i love you all so much! thank you for all your support and prayers!! I love gettin mail so please continue to send it :)

Elder Davidson
P.S. dissappointed that dad took 3rd in the club championship and not 1st ha!!

No comments: