Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Letter March 31st 2009

Hey Hey

So wow what a week! lets just begin haha, So right after i get done emailing last week me and my comp go to walk out of the library and i see Emma the lady that was supposed to get baptized this weekend so i go over talk to her and she kept saying Elder Davidson its not to late to change my mind is it, and I just was like Emma there is no changing your mind you want this and i know you wont regret it and well it all seemed good and so i said ill see you later tonight ok, so then me and Elder Nimer leave the library and go clean the flat and what not but then we go out to our appointment with her and she wasn't home, so i was getting a little nervous but i was like no problem something just came up, so i ring her phone and she is like Elder Davidson I cant do it i need more time, I cant be baptized so i spend an hour on the phone reading scriptures to her and promising her blessings and telling her experiences and all this good stuff and she finally says ok i will do it. So i set up an appointment for the next day and all is fine so i go to sleep that night and sure enough at 1 in the morning i get this text saying Elder Davidson I cant do it i dont wanna be baptized, so i lose a whole night of sleep because im just praying and searching for scriptures to read to her and my companion is just sleeping like a baby how he managed to sleep through the ringing of the text i dont know, so the alarm goes off and im just sitting at my desk and my companion was like what are you doing and I just throw the phone on the bed and have him read the text message and then i show him the 2 pages of notes that i came up with during the night on how we are going to resolve her concern, so i call her that morning and just said Emma we are going to be around your area can we come talk to you and so she comes outside and Me and my companion spend another 2 hours resolving her concern and she finally says she will go through with it AGAIN!!! So Then saturday comes and i have to call her every hour to reassure her that everything will be alright and then she wont regret it and man was it alot of work so 5:00 p.m. rolls around and she shows up to the baptism and says Elder Davidson I CANT DO IT!!!! So me and her and my companion go for a walk and while everyone is waiting in the chapel for us we are resolving her concern once again and finally I read her Alma 7 and she says ok thats it ill do it lets go, and finally after all the heck of the week we finally got her in the water, oh man was it a good experience as well and on sunday when she recieved the holy ghost it was just as good!!! She loved it, She has been calling me and calling me and just keeps saying thank you so much elder davidson for not giving up on me i dont know what i would have done with out this and all this good stuff and so through all the heart ache and lack of sleep it was all worth it in the end!!!

So ya that was my crazy crazy week, but it flew by thats for sure!! It sounds like everyone is doing good, Zach got a new Boat? (spoiled) Cant wait to take some girls out on that when i get home :) Anyways is everyone excited for Conference because i know i am!! I don't understand why i didn't like conference back home, I mean a real life prophet is speaking to the world, and is saying what God told him to say, There is nothing more exciting then that!!!

I haven't got a camera yet but im getting one today, i got a bike though and wow is it good to have a bike that isn't a junker!!!! The Flat mates and getting loads better im getting used to living with the english guys so its good we are becoming buddies so its all good all good!!

Well Family i love you hope your week goes good, and ill hear from you in about a week, Tell everyone you see hello for me :)

In a Bit,
Elder Davidson

No comments: